Thursday, October 4, 2018

Power & Possession (Reckless Book #1) by Author CC Gibbs


A copy of this book was provided via NetGalley for a honest review.

2 stars

This book just was not my cup of tea.  I could not connect with the characters or the storyline.  There was just too much of everything going on.  And the characters were just not likeable to me.

Rafe Contini was simple a wealthy asshole.  His treatment toward women was awful.  Of course being so wealthy I guess you can have your pick of ladies and throw them out after getting off.  Besides his looks and his monster dick, he was just not likeable at all.  His demands that he be in control was just over the top.  Especially when his women would just throw themselves at whatever he wanted yet he can not get enough of the spirited Nicole Parrish.

Nicole Parrish young college student on holiday with the rich and famous ends up at one of Rafe's parties.  Of course one look and Rafe is hooked.  Nicole was out for a good time and after hearing rumors of Rafe, she has no doubt he will deliver an amazing performance for the night.  But can you have instalove?  

Their banner back and forth had me skipping over it.  It was just too much.  Do this. No I will not.  Yes you will.  On and on.  Yet they both seemed to want to be in control.   Then the storyline has a twist and just too much going on.  

I will pickup another one of her books in the future to see if it was just this series that I had a hardtime getting into.  

No comments:

Post a Comment