Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Same Page-Book 1 in Bookish Friends to Lovers by Author GL Tomas




I received a copy of this book via NetGalley for an honest review. 

1 star

After seeing the cover and reading the premise, I knew I was going to enjoy this short read. I was wrong. I did not like the characters. I did not like the story. It was boring at times and seems to be drawn out. And the issues in the book were just a little much to see into. I mean who has a long distance relationship where they only see each other a couple of times a year? I know people in the military do this but thats not something that I want to read about. 

Then there is the issue of Timothy sort of cheating on said long distance girlfriend. Was it really cheating or not? I know that cheating can be a taboo issue for some readers but not with me. If the story is written well and you see all sides of the story then go with it.

I hated to not like this book but just was not my cup of tea. I know there are lots of reviewing enjoying it. I guess to each their own. I would try to read another book by the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment