Saturday, July 30, 2016

Crossed-Lacey Silks



2 stars

I received a copy of this book via NetGalley for an honest opinion.

The first few pages were incredible, making me want to know more of Hunter.  Ex Seal who was now working for his best friends family business.  He sees Grace, he must meet her.  Of course he has a good chance of that as Grace’s best friend is Emma who is also Hunter’s best friend.  So I am looking forward to a new relationship between these two. 

But then the story jumps to the future.  Hunter is no longer the sexy man that we saw in the beginning.  Also he gets his chance to meet Grace, but the way he does is just too much.  The way the author develops the story just did not flow for me.  I have a hard time connecting with the characters.  There were times in the story, I was just shaking my head wondering why I was reading it.  I think had the author be able to go along with a time line of when stuff happened, it may have flowed better.


I may have to give the author another try with book 1 in this series and hope that all the things that I didn’t like in this prequel will be resolved.  

No comments:

Post a Comment