Friday, October 16, 2015

First off......thank you thank you......let's read, fall in love, laugh, cry and find new authors....

First off let me say thank you for visiting my book review blog page.  I hope to be able to help you find some fun and smiles in the books that I read.  Although I have no doubt there will be a few tears and heart breaks from some.  I am kinda a book whore meaning that I will read just about anything.  From romance to paranormal to erotic to western (love me some cowboys) to historical to comedy to YA to dark.  My favorite genre is probably a tie between paranormal and historical fiction.  I also have a soft spot for Indie authors.  Their passion for the love of writing and taking that chance to follow their dreams of becoming a writer is true inspiration.  There are so many amazing authors in the Indie world to read and continue to support by sharing their books with friends, family and even strangers.

A few of my favorite paranormal authors......
JR Ward-Black Dagger Brotherhood.  this is a MUST read but just to let you know Z is mine.  You can have your pick of any of the other Brothers but Zsadsit is mine and I refuse to share him but honestly this series will have you wishing you had your own vampire to protect you from the evil that lurks in the shadows in the world.  

Stephanie Meyer-The Twilight Saga and yes I am a Twihard.  I consumed that entire series in a matter of days.  I remember it like it was yesterday.  Thanksgiving weekend.  After everyone left the house full of turkey and stuffing, I dove into Twilight and did not resurface until I read the last page of Breaking Dawn.  I could not get enough of these sparkly vamps and lets not forget the wolves.  But I am Team Edward all the way.  I have read and re-read this series several times.  I continue to buy copies and donate to my children's middle school for the reading teacher to allow the kids to checkout them out and realize their love for books and reading.  

Another paranormal author is Karen Marie Moning-The Fever Series.  This series is another that I consumed.  It has a little bit of magic and faes to keep you on your toes.  And of course Jericho Barron, who to this day still has a piece of my heart.  
Another would be Charlaine Harris-Sookie Stackhouse Series.  As many of you know this series was turned into a tv series TrueBlood on HBO.  I watched every season and still loved the books better.  As the saying goes: "The book was better."  You will get your share of vampires, werewolves, fairies and other mystical creatures in this series.  I had the pleasure of getting to meet Ms. Harris in Dallas this past May at RT.  It was something that I can mark off my bucket list.  Plus I got my favorite book in the series signed. 

Another series that had me forgetting about my everyday life was the Eternal Guardians Series-Elisabeth Naughton.  In this series, a group of Guardians are here to help save mankind from the war that is raging in the underworld.  There is lots of action and twist through out the series.  Plus the Guardians are hotties.  
 
Now to my historical fiction authors.......
What can I say but I love love the old historical books especially anything to do with King Henry VIII or the Tudor era.  I have read and continue to read anything that Philippa Gregory writes.  She has away of bringing to life a world from the past.  You will find yourself intrigued with life at Court.   The dirty secrets that came with being a part of Court or even a maiden during that time.  

Several others that write in this genre that I love are Diane Haeger, Alison Weir, Kate Emerson and Carolly Erickson.  These ladies all are talented writers.  I always look forward their new releases.  I have an entire book shelve dedicated to just this genre.  

Let's get to reading and leave the laundry to another day.  Life is too short not to read and escape reality for a few minutes. 

1 comment:

  1. I think it is awesome that you are sharing your love of reading with others!

    ReplyDelete